Graduate development program
The Public Sector Commission has established the Graduate development program to support new and aspiring leaders—with a recent tertiary qualification—in the Western Australia public sector. The program provides a whole-of-sector perspective on the political, legislative and community focused environment in which all public sector employees must operate in on a daily basis.
The Commission recognises many graduates have already obtained work and life experience by working in various industries and studying at tertiary institutions.
The program embraces a blended learning approach, combining elements of formal training, group and peer learning, and on the job application of new knowledge.
Referrals are now open for the 2017 Graduate development program, commencing in March 2017.
The program is open to graduates who have recently joined the public sector and who have:
- commenced employment in the WA state public sector within one year of the program starting
- successfully completed an undergraduate (or post graduate) degree at a recognised university or education institution within the last two years
- the support of the agency CEO to attend and participate in all aspects of the program.
Program fees for 2017 are $600 (GST exempt) per participant. This covers all expenses including:
- a subsidy by the Commission
- face-to-face delivery of all components by content experts and senior leaders from across the sector
- program materials and resources
- administrative costs associated with the program.
Two scholarship are also available for Aboriginal participants.
Graduates should read the program guide and complete a referral form with the assistance of their Graduate Coordinator or HR Manager. Interested graduates are asked to tentatively reserve all program dates in their calendars until they are notified of their designated intake. For further details, please refer to the program guide.
Completed referral forms must be accompanied by a current resume (no more than five pages) and sent to email@example.com.
Referrals must be received by 5:00pm Monday 6 March 2017.
Please note, the program is not a recruitment program and are for graduates already employed in the public sector. If you are seeking information about graduate programs, please visit the jobs.wa.gov website.
Agency enquiries about the program may be directed to Sofia Dumlao at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (08) 6552 8519.
Page last updated 11 November 2016