Leadership essentials is a journey of self-awareness, combined with practical leadership theory, to develop more efficient and influential public sector leaders. Using contemporary adult learning practices and real life scenarios from the diverse public sector, Leadership essentials is an intensive nine-month program designed to make leaders think, act and behave differently.
The program incorporates a range of activities designed to develop new perspectives and provides participants with:
- an evidenced-based platform to prioritise development areas for focus
- access to outstanding public sector leaders
- the opportunity for self-reflection
- challenging cross-sector group work
- further career development through professional coaching.
Refer to the 2018 Leadership essentials Program guide for full details on course content, program structure and participation requirements.
The 2018 program fee is $5300 (GST exempt) per participant.
Nominations for 2018 are now open!
Agencies are encouraged to identify and nominate senior managers who demonstrate high potential for the Leadership essentials program. Nominees must meet a number of selection criteria, terms and conditions, as outlined in the Program guide.
Nominations close 5:00pm, Wednesday 31 January 2018.
Who should participate?
Leadership essentials is specifically designed to support senior managers to motivate and engage high performing teams, while confidently providing leadership across all levels of their organisation. Agencies are encouraged to nominate officers who meet the following criteria:
- WA public sector officers classified from Level 7–9 (Public Service and Government Officers General Agreement 2014) or equivalent (roles in the approximate salary range of $115 000—$170 000).
- In a permanent or fixed-term arrangement for the full term of the program.
- Reasonable people management experience and current opportunity to apply learnings from workshop to workplace.
- Ability to attend all contact days, having tentatively reserved the dates in relevant calendars.
Refer to the Program guide for further eligibility and selection criteria information.
How to participate
Interested candidates are encouraged to speak with their Human Resources Manager or Organisational Development Consultant for details on internal agency selection processes before nominating for the program.
Completed nomination forms and current resumes (no more than five pages) should be emailed as one PDF document to email@example.com by 5:00 pm, Wednesday 31 January 2018. Please note late nominations will not be accepted.
To support the development of Aboriginal leaders, in 2018 the Commission will provide two scholarships within the program:
- A full scholarship for an Aboriginal nominee based in a regional or rural office, including program fee, travel, accommodation and expenses.
- A participation scholarship for an Aboriginal nominee in a metropolitan office, with the funding of the program fee covered.
Please refer to the Scholarship guidelines for details. Please note scholarship nominations must be accompanied by a covering letter.
Enquiries can be directed to the Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (08) 6552 8604.
Page last updated 30 October 2017