Building leadership capability is vital to ensuring the public sector responds to current and emerging challenges efficiently and effectively.
Leadership essentials uses innovative approaches to develop leaders to better think strategically, critically, and make decisions that influence their environment. The program incorporates a range of activities designed to develop new perspectives and provides participants with:
- access to outstanding sector leaders
- the opportunity for self-reflection
- challenging cross-sector group work
- further career development through coaching sessions.
Who should take part?
Leadership essentials is specifically designed for leaders at Public Service and Government Officers General Agreement levels 7–9 (and equivalent). It is aimed at leaders committed to delivering better outcomes for the sector and supporting their development to be successful senior executives.
The program is mapped against the principles of 70:20:10, combining elements of formal training, group and peer learning, and on the job application of new knowledge. The program begins with participants completing a diagnostic assessment and concludes with the presentation of their cross-sector group work. The four modules, coaching sessions and group work are completed over nine months.
Click on the image above to enlarge
At the conclusion of the program, agencies will benefit from a leader who is able to:
- share experiences of critical thinking and decision making
- apply models to different situations and evaluate effectiveness
- apply leadership skills to behave authentically and ethically to be a role model for others
- apply leadership skills to build relationships, harness networks, and generate spheres of influence to manage the political dimension
- apply leadership skills to recognise and use different approaches and adopt a proactive reflective mindset.
The program fee for 2017 is $3600 (GST exempt) per participant. The fee includes:
- a diagnostic assessment and coaching sessions
- materials and resources
- face-to-face delivery of all modules
- administrative costs associated with workshops.
How do I participate?
Nominations for 2017 are closed. Expressions of interest may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nominees must meet a range of criteria including leadership potential, demonstrated commitment to personal development and development of others, and availability to attend all aspects of the program. CEO endorsement is strongly recommended.
Expressions of interest in the program may be emailed to email@example.com.
For general enquiries, please contact the Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or on (08)6552 8604.
Page last updated 14 November 2016