We are pleased to offer the following Management Essentials modules aimed at mid-level managers across the WA public sector:
Delivered as individual workshops, these modules provide people managers with practical skills and tools to better manage their teams in a time of public sector change, uncertainty and fiscal constraint.
These workshops aim to provide people managers with a ‘toolkit’ they can apply immediately after the workshop. This allows them to effectively lead their teams through the challenges presented to them, while ensuring the community continues to receive the high quality services it requires.
Each module includes techniques, strategies, tools and thought provoking activities to empower the people manager to have a positive impact and make good decisions. Developing good management skills benefits agencies and the wider public sector.
Management Essentials is targeted at officers who manage a team of direct reports, providing tangible learning outcomes that can be directly applied in the workplace. To be eligible officers must be:
- currently in a people management role, where they are able to practice the concepts presented in the workshops and are able to contribute practical experiences
- a WA public sector employee PSGOGA levels 4 – 6 or equivalent salary bands (e.g. team leader or manager, coordinator etc. or in the approximate salary range of $76,000—$110,000)
- supported by their agency to attend
- able to attend the workshop in person, at the designated location.
Management Essentials is not suitable for levels PSGOGA 7 (or equivalent) and above. You can contact the Strategic Leadership and Talent team to discuss other suitable professional development options.
Please note: This is a practicing management program and not suitable for those aspiring to be managers
Benefits of attending Management Essentials
- The initiative is tailored to allow leaders to manage their own professional development by choosing and attending the modules relevant to their needs.
- Workshops are intensive one-day sessions suited to busy public sector employees, encouraging further individual research and development.
- Attendees learn about actual case studies, scenarios and activities with a public sector specific focus.
- Sessions challenge participants to problem solve outside of their normal work environment and broaden their thinking to whole-of-public-sector issues and concepts.
- Workshops provide tools and techniques which can be immediately applied from the workshop to the workplace.
- Attendees develop strong peer learning experiences helping to establish sustained networks across the sector and best practice and knowledge sharing.
The cost per participant is $165 per workshop (excl. GST).
How to participate
There are currently no workshops scheduled.
If you have any questions, please email the Strategic Leadership and Talent team or telephone them on (08) 6552 8516.
Page last updated 29 August 2019