To get the best out of their team members, managers need to establish a shared understanding of agency priorities, team goals and individual accountability. Managing People provides managers with practical strategies to engage team members and coach them to successful outcomes.
It is necessary for managers to properly manage and enhance their team’s performance, as well as maintain good working relations with team members.
Managing People is specifically for officers who already have foundational people management experience and are looking to strengthen these skills.
During this module, participants will:
- define the meaning and purpose of effective people management in the public sector
- assess strategies to foster positive team culture and enhance employee engagement
- understand how to listen, and recognise the needs of others, while valuing individual differences and diversity through applying a coaching model
- identify ways to utilise the skill sets of team members to achieve successful outcomes
- discuss strategies to undertake difficult conversations and practice constructive feedback tactics.
If you have any enquiries please email the Strategic Leadership and Talent team or telephone them on (08) 6552 8516.
Page last updated 29 August 2019