To effectively manage people, you must first be able to manage yourself; which includes behaviour, emotional responses and actions. Managing self assists participants in understanding how personal effectiveness and performance can be improved from being self-aware.
Managing self empowers participants to make better decisions and lead from where they are, positively impacting the performance of their team, their agency, and the wider public sector.
During this module, participants will:
- understand how personal effectiveness and performance can be improved from being self-aware
- understand the concept of emotional intelligence and the impact it can have on self and team
- explore tools that can build an attitude and mindset of resilience to deal with uncertainty
- identify the spheres of control and influence which will support self and team
- maintain a healthy life balance and understanding the five buckets principle
- develop a habit of self-reflection and understand its value in supporting an individual leadership and management style.
If you have any enquiries please email the Strategic Leadership and Talent team or telephone them on (08) 6552 8766.
Page last updated 20 January 2020