Managing substandard performance
Managers and human resources staff in the public sector have the difficult task from time to time of managing concerns relating to substandard performance. The Commission has developed Managing substandard performance – a guide for agencies to assist public sector agencies in developing achievable and workable solutions to substandard performance issues.
The guide covers:
Principles for managing substandard performance
- Performance should be assessed using accurate and objective measures
- Substandard performance processes should aim to improve performance
- Substandard performance should be dealt with promptly
- Procedural fairness should be observed
- Employee welfare and confidentiality should be considered
- Managers should be adequately skilled and supported.
Evaluating employee performance
- Assessing and analysing substandard performance.
Dealing with substandard performance
- Performance appraisals
- Addressing substandard performance
- Performance reassessment and finding.
Managing substandard performance – a guide for agencies is intended to be used as a guide only. For more information please contact the Agency Support Division at the Commission on (08) 65528600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Page last updated 6 May 2015