Management essentials: Managing people
Management essentials (ME) is a series of modules delivered as individual workshops, aimed at mid-level managers (levels 4–6) across the WA public sector. ME empowers participants to make good decisions and lead from where they are, positively impacting the performance of their team, their agency, and the wider public sector.
Martin Jull Professional Development Centre.
Dumas House 2 Havelock Street
WEST PERTH, WA 6005
- define the meaning and function of effective performance management in a public sector environment
- assess strategies to foster and enhance employee engagement
- understand how to listen, understand and recognise the needs of others, while valuing individual differences and diversity
- identify ways to utilise the skill sets of team members to achieve successful outcomes
- discuss strategies to overcome difficult conversations and practice constructive feedback tactics.