Changes to the Public Interest Disclosure Act 2003
3 December 2012
A number of changes to the Public Interest Disclosure Act 2003 (PID Act) came into effect on 21 November 2012, with the proclamation of the Evidence and Public Interest Disclosure Legislation Amendment Act 2012.
The changes to the PID Act:
- expand capacity to make public interest disclosures
- enhance protections available for disclosers of public interest information
- expressly enable a person to make an anonymous public interest disclosure
- allow a public interest disclosure to be made to a journalist under certain conditions
- provide another circumstance where the identity of the discloser and the subject of a disclosure can be revealed.
You can view the amended PID Act on the State Law Publisher website at www.slp.wa.gov.au. For further information or assistance, call the Public Sector Commission’s Advisory Line on (08) 6552 8888.
Page last updated 25 January 2013