Government traineeship program – expansion to regional Western Australia
29 October 2012
In recognition of the importance of attracting and retaining a skilled workforce in regional Western Australia, the Public Sector Commission will be expanding the 'Government traineeship program' to include regional areas of WA, as per the following timeline:
|South West||December 2012|
|Great Southern||December 2012|
|Mid West||February 2013|
Engaging with the program allows your agency to:
- increase youth employment and support the public sector’s commitment to employing young people
- increase your workforce without reaching the full-time equivalent ceiling—trainees are exempt from restrictions
- provide a young person with a great opportunity to gain a nationally-recognised qualification
- build your agency’s base of skilled and qualified young people who are trained in accordance with your agency’s operational requirements
- access a cost effective workforce development solution—trainee wages vary from as little as $272.40 to $627.70 per week.
Over the coming months, the Commission will be liaising with regionally-located public sector agencies and will be hosting regional information sessions about the program.
Queries about the expansion of the 'Government traineeship program' to regional WA can be directed to Lana Robinson, Employment and Skills Development Officer on (08) 6552 8675 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Page last updated 29 October 2012