Management essentials: Managing risk
Management essentials (ME) is a series of modules delivered as individual workshops, aimed at mid-level managers (levels 4–6) across the WA public sector. ME empowers participants to make good decisions and lead from where they are, positively impacting the performance of their team, their agency, and the wider public sector.
Martin Jull Professional Development Centre.
Dumas House 2 Havelock Street
WEST PERTH, WA 6005
- understand that risk prevention is a proactive measure to support successful teams
- examine risk perspectives and the factors involved in risk-based decision-making
- discuss the principles of an integrated risk-management approach and its value to an organisation’s service delivery
- explore tools that qualitatively assess risk exposure and probability
- examine the roles and responsibilities of managers and other stakeholders in the effective implementation of risk management
- consider how to foster probity in a team, in an environment where all staff identify and manage risk within their roles.