The Public Interest Disclosure Act 2003 aims to facilitate the disclosure of public interest information. It also provides protection for those who make disclosures, and for those who are the subject of disclosures.
The Act provides for the Public Sector Commissioner to produce the guidelines for internal procedures in public authorities.
The guidelines are for use by all proper authorities to meet the requirements of the public interest disclosure legislation.
- Public interest disclosure officer's declaration
- Public interest disclosure lodgement form
- Assessment and case management form for a public interest disclosure
- Consent to disclosure of identifying information form
- Notification of disclosure of identifying information form
Assistance materials for public authorities
- Don't be afraid to speak up: Guide for disclosers (A5 booklet)
When someone speaks up: Guide for managers (A5 booklet)
Page last updated 5 July 2016