Public sector entity survey
Section 22D of the Public Sector Management Act 1994 (PSM Act) requires the Public Sector Commissioner to report annually to each House of Parliament on the state of administration and management of the public sector and on compliance of public sector entities with:
- public sector standards
- codes of ethics and entity codes of conduct
- the principles set out in s. 8(1)(a-c) and s. 9. of the PSM Act.
The Public Sector Commission’s public sector entity survey is one of the methods used to monitor compliance. The survey is sent to chief executives of public sector entities (departments of state, senior executive service (SES) organisations and non-SES organisations).
The survey includes questions about:
- compliance with the Public Interest Disclosure Act 2003
- ethics and integrity
- human resource management
- workforce development
- efficiency and effectiveness.
The survey is sent annually in May/June and requests data for the financial year. Further information about this year’s survey is available in the links below.
- Public sector entity survey – online
- Public sector entity survey (Word and PDF version)
- Public sector entity survey – chief executive certification
Page last updated 15 May 2017