Housing Authority Review
Terms of reference: Housing Authority
Review of governance, legal and administrative systems
The Review is established pursuant to s24B(2) of the Public Sector Management Act 1994. It will examine the governance, legal and administrative systems at the Housing Authority, and where relevant the Department of Communities, that contributed to the circumstances giving rise to a senior public servant being charged with official corruption.
- With a focus on preventing future failings within the Authority, and where relevant the Department of Communities, the Review will recommend any changes to legislation, functions, policies, procedures and practices necessary to:
- ensure proper governance and financial systems and controls are in place and oversighted effectively; and
- strengthen, improve and build a culture of integrity and accountability.
- Drawing on the above, it will identify measures the State Government should implement across the public sector to prevent the likelihood of such behaviour and actions going unnoticed and similar events from occurring.
The Review will examine the:
a) adequacy of the governance, administrative arrangements within the Housing Authority and where relevant the Department of Communities, relating to:
- financial management, monitoring and reporting
- internal audit and risk management
- delegations and authorisations
- procurement and contract management
b) Department of Communities integrity systems and controls, including its:
- policies, practices and codes of conduct
- systems to detect, report and prevent misconduct
- integrity oversight, education and promotion
Page last updated 4 December 2019