Inquiry into Government Programs and Projects
The report of the special inquiry titled Special Inquiry into Government Programs and Projects was tabled in Parliament by the Premier on 20 February 2018.
The report consists of three volumes:
- Special Inquiry into Government Programs and Projects: Final Report Volume 1
- Special Inquiry into Government Programs and Projects: Final Report Volume 2
- Special Inquiry into Government Programs and Projects: Osprey Village Report
The Inquirer has prepared a presentation which provides an overview of the report.
The Inquiry was led by former Under Treasurer John Langoulant AO, Special Inquirer at the request of the Premier Mark McGowan and Treasurer Ben Wyatt, and was conducted under section 24 of the Public Sector Management Act 1994.
The Inquiry initially examined 26 programs and projects, entered into by the State Government between 2008 and 11 March 2017, focusing on the associated governance arrangements, decision-making processes and financial consequences. This number increased to 31 once some of the issues were examined more closely.
The Osprey Village was examined under a separate Special Inquiry led by Ms Stephanie Black. The Osprey Village Report should be read in conjunction with the Royalties for Regions chapter in the Volume 2 of Report.
For further information, including the list of programs and projects considered by the Inquiry, download the Terms of Reference.
Interested people and organisations were invited to make a written submission to the Inquiry by 21 June 2017.
Submissions have now closed.
The Inquiry received 25 submissions. Confidential submissions were not published.
- Submissions: Members of the Public
- Atos Australia and New Zealand
- Chamber of Commerce and Industry WA
- City of Karratha
- Community and Public Sector Union / Civil Service Association
- Consult Australia
- Department of Fire and Emergency Services
- Department of Health
- Department of Treasury
- East Kimberley Chamber of Commerce
- East Metropolitan Health Service
- Parliamentary National Party of Australia (WA)
- Public Sector Commission
- Seniors And Disabled Bus (#15) Action Group
- Serco Australia Ltd
- Media statement (15 May 2017)
- Terms of Reference
- Addendum – Terms of Reference
- Frequently asked questions
- Inquiry principles
For general enquires please contact the Commission on email@example.com or 08 6552 8550.
For media enquires please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 08 6552 8647.
Page last updated 2 May 2018