Public Sector Management Act
The Public Sector Management Act 1994 (the Act) provides for the administration of the Public Sector of Western Australia and the management of the Public Service and of other public sector employment; repeals the Public Service Act 1978; and provides for related matters.
In particular, the Act provides for the following:
- Public administration and management principles, human resource management principles and principles of conduct by public sector bodies
- Functions of the Public Sector Commissioner
- Process for reviews, special inquiries and investigations by the Public Sector Commissioner
- Functions of Chief Executive Officers and the processes for appointment, reappointment and acting arrangements etc
- Purpose and constitution of the Senior Executive Service and the processes for appointment, reappointment and acting arrangements etc
- Management of the employment of Ministerial officers
- Process for disciplinary investigations and the management of substandard performance
- Redeployment and redundancy.
- Public Sector Management (Redeployment and Redundancy) Regulations 2014
- Public Sector Management (General) Regulations 1994
- Public Service Regulations 1988
Page last updated 1 May 2015