Waroona Bushfire Special Inquiry
The report of the special inquiry titled Reframing Rural Fire Management: Report of the Special Inquiry into the January 2016 Waroona Fire, was tabled in Parliament by the Premier on Thursday 23 June 2016.
- Reframing Rural Fire Management: Report of the Special Inquiry into the January 2016 Waroona Fire: Volume 1 Report
- Reframing Rural Fire Management: Report of the Special Inquiry into the January 2016 Waroona Fire: Volume 2 Appendices
The Premier and Special Inquirer, Mr Euan Ferguson, will present an overview of the findings and recommendations of the Special Inquiry at a meeting at the Harvey Recreation and Cultural Centre (enter from 'Tom Latch Drive'), Thursday 23 June from 11:15 am to 12:15 pm. Question time for the local community will follow. Mr Ferguson will host another meeting later that day, from 6.00 pm to 7.00 pm at the same location, for community members unable to attend the earlier session.
The inquiry was conducted by Mr Euan Ferguson AFSM. The inquiry examined the organisation and management of the bushfire in the Waroona area in January 2016.
Submissions have now closed. All individuals, community groups, private organisations, local governments and State Government representatives with a view on the matters under consideration were invited to make a submission addressing the specific terms of reference of the special inquiry, which concern the effectiveness of the response to the fire, lessons learned from previous bushfire emergencies and legislative, and policy or functional reforms which may strengthen Western Australia's capability to manage bushfire related risk. The Inquiry received more than 160 submissions. Confidential submissions were not published.
- Submissions: Members of the public
- All submissions from members of the public as per Appendix 8
- Submissions A-B
- Advocacy South West
- Aerial Fire Defence WA
- Association of Volunteer Bush Fire Brigades of WA Inc
- Australian Manufacturing Workers' Union
- Australian Veterinary Association Limited
- Australian Worker's Union
- Bee Industry Council of Western Australia
- Bernie Masters Environmental Consultant
- BioCentral Laboratories Ltd
- Submissions C-D
- Charles Hull Contracting Earthmoving Specialists
- Christanya Maya, David Ryan & Mark Pitts-Hill
- City of Gosnells
- City of Mandurah
- Community & Public Sector Union/Civil Association of WA
- Community Alliance For Positive Solutions
- Dardanup Bushfires Brigade
- Department of Agriculture and Food, Western Australia
- Department of Fire & Emergency Services
- Department of Parks and Wildlife
- Submissions E-L
- Emergency Services Volunteer Association
- Firewise WA
- Forest Industries Federation of WA Inc
- Forest Products Commission
- Friends of Fire
- Harvey Water
- Harvey Water supplementary
- Hon Alannah MacTiernan MP
- Hon Dr Christopher Back MP
- Hon Dr Sally Talbot MLC
- Hon Wilson Tuckey MP
- Livestock and Rural Transport Association of WA
- Submissions M-T
- Mundaring Volunteer Fire Control Officers and Captains Group
- Nicholas Read (owner Leaf Directional Vortex Conservatory)
- Shire of Murray
- State Emergency Management Committee Secretariat
- State Emergency Services – Communications Support Unit
- The Bushfire Front Inc.
- The WA Volunteer Fire and Rescue Services Association Inc
- The Western Australian Farmers Federation Inc
- The Wilderness Society and the WA Forest Alliance
- Transafe WA
- Submissions U-W
- Uduc Volunteer Bush Fire Brigade
- United Firefighters Union of Australia - WA Branch
- WA Division of the Institute of Foresters of Australia
- WA Police
- Western Australian Local Government Association
- Western Australian Pork Producers Association
- Western Power
Media enquiries should be directed to the Department of the Premier and Cabinet by email to email@example.com.
Stakeholders and members of the public are welcome to comment on the report's recommendations, through the Waroona Inquiry Inbox.
We ask that any comments on the recommendations be submitted by 12 August 2016. This will allow comments to be taken into account by Government as it considers the Report.
If you have any further queries please don’t hesitate to contact the Waroona Inquiry Inbox.
Page last updated 9 November 2016