Traineeship Transition to Employment Program (TTEP)
Information for agencies
What is the Traineeship Transition to Employment Program (TTEP)?
The Public Sector Commission has developed a Traineeship Transition to Employment Program (TTEP) that enables West Australian public sector agencies to continue to use the flexibility within the Commissioner’s Instructions to retain candidates who have successfully completed their Certificate II, III or IV in Government into level 1 positions.
The TTEP is comprised of a register of the above mentioned skilled candidates who are interested and available for entry level vacancies that arise and are referred to agencies as requested.
Which agencies can participate in the TTEP?
The program is available to all public sector agencies (SES, Non SES and Schedule 1 entities) and is also open to those agencies that do not participate in a traineeship program.
How will your agency benefit from the TTEP?
Engaging with the program allows your agency to:
- retain skilled candidates – the TTEP enables a smooth transition for the candidate to be employed within the agency in which their traineeship was completed, if a vacancy arises
- reduce recruitment cost – the Commission recruits candidates on behalf of the agency
- have instant access to a pool of skilled candidates if requested
- meet diversity targets – request candidates from diversity groups including youth 24 years and under, people with disability and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders
- focus on selection – the Commission does all the recruitment groundwork so agencies can focus on the important task of selection
For more information
- Information on the Commissioner’s Instruction 2 - Filling a Public Sector Vacancy
- TTEP Agency referral form
- TTEP Application form for trainees
- Traineeship transition to employment program - guide for agencies
or contact the TTEP Coordinator on (08) 6552 8864 or via email at email@example.com.
Page last updated 11 November 2016