The Public Sector Commission is committed to building the future capacity of the public sector by developing effective working relationships with agencies to ensure developmental programs and initiatives meet identified needs.
The Commission aims to support that commitment by working collaboratively with public sector agencies to deliver flexible, quality learning and development strategies that will develop policy practitioner knowledge and skills across the sector.
Policy practitioner forums are a development initiative co-sponsored by the Department of the Premier and Cabinet, the lead agency responsible for government policy management.
The purpose of the forum is to:
- raise awareness of policy issues and highlight skills important to the policy journey
- provide a forum for the exchange of ideas, opinions and knowledge amongst policy practitioners across the sector
- identify opportunities for policy practitioners to network and work collaboratively to share expertise and experience across the sector
- identify, prioritise and address the policy practitioner training and development needs within the public sector
- build policy capability across the public sector.
Policy forums 2018
Registration for each Policy forum will open approximately one month prior to the event date. Forum topics will be confirmed closer to the date.
Wednesday 4 April
|Wednesday 29 August||TBA||
Wednesday 10 October
Friday 30 November
Forums will be held in the Simpson 1 and 2 rooms within Martin Jull Professional Development Centre at Dumas House, West Perth, uless otherwise notified.
Please ensure you arrive by 8.45am (registration) for a 9.00am start. The sessions will conclude at 11.30am.
If you have any queries, please email PolicyCapability@psc.wa.gov.au or phone 6552 8500.
Page last updated 6 March 2018