The Public Sector Commission is committed to building the future capacity of the public sector by developing effective working relationships with agencies to ensure developmental programs and initiatives meet identified needs.
The Commission aims to support that commitment by working collaboratively with public sector agencies to deliver flexible, quality learning and development strategies that will develop policy practitioner knowledge and skills across the sector.
Policy practitioner forums are a development initiative co-sponsored by the Department of the Premier and Cabinet, the lead agency responsible for government policy management.
The purpose of the forum is to:
- raise awareness of policy issues and highlight skills important to the policy journey
- provide a forum for the exchange of ideas, opinions and knowledge amongst policy practitioners across the sector
- identify opportunities for policy practitioners to network and work collaboratively to share expertise and experience across the sector
- identify, prioritise and address the policy practitioner training and development needs within the public sector
- build policy capability across the public sector.
Policy forums 2017
Registration for each Policy forum will open approximately one month prior to the event date.
|4 August 2017||Effective policy development and instruction||Parliamentary Counsel's Office|
|15 September 2017||Progressing policy through Parliament and the Executive Council||Department of the Premier and Cabinet and invited agency representatives|
|25 October 2017||The demystification of Parliament||Department of the Premier and Cabinet|
|24 November 2017||Working towards the ideal cabinet submission||Department of the Premier and Cabinet and invited agency representatives|
Policy forum queries, including suggestions for future forum topics, can be emailed to PolicyCapability@psc.wa.gov.au.
Page last updated 22 June 2017