Leading for the regions
The Public Sector Commission's e-book Leading for the regions supports capability building for public sector leaders with responsibilities in the regions.
This resource contains a summary of consultation findings, a regional leadership model and development options. It supports public sector agencies to build leadership ‘bench strength’ by providing a range of strategies and good practice examples. This publication touches on the opportunities presented by blended learning for regional leaders (70:20:10 model), which includes learning on the job, relationships and networks, and formal settings.
Leading for the regions recognises best practice across the sector and the state with examples from Perth Zoo, Training and Workforce Development, Child Protection and Family Support and the Premier’s Awards. Detailed case studies of blended learning in practice and evaluation strategies are also included.
- Regional leadership study
- Regional leadership model
- Blended learning
- Blended learning options
- Blended learning in practice
- Evaluation and follow-up
- Feedback and further information
- References and resource materials
- Appendix A – Leadership skills, attributes and behaviours
- Appendix B – Preparation checklist
- Appendix C – Skills gap analysis template
- Appendix D – Evaluation template
- Appendix E – Some existing leadership development
Page last updated 24 July 2014